The Lion Cubs are our fully potty-trained three and four-year-olds. Our class goal is to prepare the children for our Kindergarten Bound class by working on social skills and fine and gross motor skills. We have calendar time daily where we discuss the month and day, weather, and letter of the week. The children work on name tracing, name recognition, cutting skills, and manipulatives recommended by NAEYC and early childhood development CDA approved. We also incorporate our Catholic faith through age-appropriate religious activities.
The children enjoy show and tell and excercise/dancing on Fridays, along with storytime. We do assessments twice a year, and daily updates and/or pictures are sent home by our Class DoJo account.
If you have any questions regarding our Lion Cubs program please reach out to the school at 317-738-3451 or by email at [email protected]
Kindergarten Bound Preschool
Kindergarten Bound Preschool is geared toward getting the students ready for Kindergarten in the following year.
- The student needs to be 4 years old before September 1st.
- The students need to be completely potty trained, no pull-ups.
- The student needs to be completely self-efficient with their hygiene care (going to the bathroom without help). We only help with zippers, buttons, and belts.
- Classes are Monday – Friday. We encourage all students to register for full-day; we have academics in the morning and some academics in the afternoon.
- We have rest time at their tables for 30-40 minutes after lunch to rest their brain, before we do our afternoon academics.
- The children have socialization time in the mornings and afternoons, which helps with their communication skills, problem-solving, sharing, developing friendships, and using their imagination.
- The students are tested every quarter. A progress report will come home to the parents every quarter to show the learning progress of their students.
The National Association bases our curriculum on the recommendations for early childhood programs for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). There is a strong focus on letter recognition, number recognition, writing the letters and numbers, name recognition, shapes, colors, counting, sorting, graphing, sorting, patterning, letter sounds, sign language (signing the alphabet letters) and sight words.
Students will also work on fine and gross motor skills (cutting, coloring, writing, and outdoor activities), social interaction, dramatic play, reading, and storytime.
The students have music and art classes and much more. Students are also introduced to the Catholic Faith through age-appropriate Religion activities and sticker books throughout the school year and through prayer.
If you would like more information about our Kindergarten Bound program please contact the school at 317-738-3451 or by email at [email protected]