- There is a vocabulary quiz on Friday, and the vocab. homework is due tomorrow. There will be a reading log due this Friday, Sept. 13th. It is ready in Google Classroom currently, in case anyone wants to complete it early.
- The 3 required AR books to be read for 1st quarter are biographies or autobiographies in each students’ AR reading level. Students have until the end of the quarter and can test on more than three books if they want to try for a higher score in the grade book.This Friday is the end of the 1/2 quarter, so I will be adding 0’s to those assignments that aren’t completed yet. Don’t panic, just help motivate your reader to get busy.
- Mass is regular schedule this week (Thursday).
- Book orders are due next Wednesday, 9/18!
- Students were notified today of those that earned a Nut day for tomorrow (Tues., 9/10) for earning one yellow log or less for this 1/2 quarter. We had several students with no logs at all and they will earn a VIP lunch next week, by sitting at their own special tables, getting their lunches first, and getting a special treat from the MS teachers! Congrats to them for their awesome behavior and effort so far this year!
Rdg: 6 Traits of writing this week and next
LA: 6 Traits of writing continued
6th Vocabulary: List #3 – Antonyms
LA: 6 Traits of writing review activity with the short story, “Barney”
7B Rdg Grp: Pre-reading activities for the book The Girl Who Owned a City
7th Vocabulary List: List 3 – What’s that you say
LA: Descriptive writing essay with topics from the book What Would You Do With a Chance?
7A/8B Rdg. Grp: Pre-reading activities for the book The Outsiders
8A Rdg. Grp: Pre-reading activities for the book Code Orange
8th Vocabulary List: List 18 – All in the family