Let’s start with a few important reminders and some information.
- All books for the book exchange are due Monday December 19th so I can make sure we have enough for all to exchange.
- Christmas program is this Thursday. Please be here by 6:45 and go to Mrs. Dinkel’s room. Chrismas best clothing wise.
- Santa Shop is tomorrow at 12:30. That is our only time so please send money and tags for all your child is shopping for. The papers came home Friday.
- Santa grams are coming soon. Papers that came home Friday too.
We have joined a project called Indy Prayers for Priests. Each student has been given the name of a priest that is part of our Archdiocese to pray for by name. We have put a rock in the plate for them and include them in our daily prayers. I invite you to pray for them with us. For example, my priest is Father Glen O’Connor so each evening during our evening prayers Mr. Tieken and I ask God to bless Father Glen when we are listing people to pray for. Please remind your child to pray for their priest daily. I am including a link that shares more about this project. http://www.indycatholic.org/the-gift-of-our-priests-reflections-from-world-youth-day/
Religion– All things Advent. Please share the Advent Chain nightly. It is a great way to put CHRIST back in CHRISTmas. We are working on an Advent study guide and we will be adding to it as the days go on. Ask your student about the symbolism in the Advent wreath. They know plenty. On Friday December 16 we will have our Advent Assessment. Please help your child study.
Math: .4th Math: We will be doing a variety of Christmas math skills. With Christmas Program practice and other activities, our math class will be hit-n-miss. Don’t worry, we’re still learning! Need proof? Ask your child to show you the fun pages we are doing. So far we’ve done coordinate pairs, operartions, and word problems. Have a Merry Christmas!
Science: We are studying systems in the body. We have highlighted several pages. Have you helped study any of those pages? We will have an assessment on Friday December16th. Pages 4 through 13 to be exact. Remember a little studying each night prevents a lot of cramming in one day.
Reading ; Coming to a classroom near you soon…informational text. Ask you precious one what that might look like. Just incase they don’t know it is reading non fiction material. Our first article will be Let’s Celebrate! The story is about holidays people from other countries celebrate.
Language Arts: We have started a poetry unit. We will be learning all there is to know about diamantes, haikus, bio poems, acrostics, couplets, cinquains, limericks, shape poems, color poems, and free verse. This week we will tackle the haiku, bio poem and the acrostic.
- Monday: Art & Library
- Tuesday: P.E. Santa Shop TODAY ONLY
- Wednesday: Music
- Thursday: Mass P.E. CHRISTMAS PROGRAM 6:45 (Mrs. Dinkel’s room)
- Friday: Library
Down the Road
- 12/13 Santa Shop 12:00 Remember this is our only day to shop
- 12/15 Christmas Program 7pm
- 12/21 Advent Retreat; lunch 11:30-12:00, class party at 12:00,EARLY DISMISSAL at 1pm
*Check the Google Calendar on the front page of our school’s website!