Week of October 24-28
Thank you for coming to conferences this past week. All families were represented. Kudos to the students who worked so hard and presented themselves so well. Thank you so much!!
Religion- We will continue to study the Mass. This week we will talk about clothing, furniture, and vessels used during Mass. Ask your child to see their cool study guide on Wednesday.
Science- Our new chapter is titled THE HUMAN BODY. All students are responsible for knowing the definitions and being able to spell the words correctly. “The meat” of the chapter will be highlighted and students will be responsible for that information for the assessments too. We will have our first assessment next Wednesday November 2nd. No STEAM this week.
Social Studies-Wrapping up Indiana Water Ways. Assessment Thursday. Study highlighted material and crossword puzzle.
Math- We will work on relating multiplication and division fact families. Students will be expected to use multiplication facts to help divide. Please have your student brush up on their fast facts. It will make life easier for everyone! 🙂 Later in the week, we will look for patterns in multiplication and division.
Reading- What in the world is Nick up to now? Ask your student…it is a fun tale. We will also study plot diagrams to understand the flow of the story. Defining vocabulary words using context clues is a challenge for us. We will practice this too.
English-We are struggling with adjectives, subjects, and predicates so we will continue practicing for mastery.
- Monday: Art & Library
- Tuesday: P.E.
- Wednesday: Music
- Thursday: Mass P.E.
- Friday: Library
- Down the Road
- 10/26 Pink/Purple Cancer Awareness Day – $1 donation or better; money goes to American Cancer Society
- 10/28 Mass on Friday, not Thursday this week; Living Rosary to follow
- 10/31 Halloween Party at 1:00pm (Thanks to everyone who volunteered!) Costumes are optional. The children may change after lunch and wear their costumes the rest of the day.
- All Saints Day Mass Tuesday November 1st
- Thursday November 17th. Thank you to those who volunteered to drive. The tickets are limited and we have reach our quota.