Lord make me and instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow your love.
Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt faith, where there is despair hope.
Week of November 2 through November 6
Religion– Mary and the rosary round two. This week we are focusing on the Glorious Mysteries. These are a little harder because they are not all bible verse based. I know you can hardly wait for this weeks project.
Science-We will be exploring how skeletons are used to help compare organisms. Describe evidence scientists consider to compare and classify organisms of the past and reasons organisms can become extinct. This will lead to a discussion of habitats to see Social Studies for further information.
Social Studies– With hurricane Patricia promising to give us a dousing later in the week, it is fitting that we will study weather and how it affects the land in Indiana. We will also talk about the affects of weather on habitats so this week Social Studies and Science are like walking hand in hand.
Math- weekly update: Chapter 3 Add/Subt Numbers Lessons 6-8 Review Sets, Test next week
Reading– Well, Gilly tried to get to California to see Courtney. This week we will find out what she learned and how it will bring forth yet more new emotions, and feelings. Students will share their points of view toward Gilly. We will also study adjectives in depth so we can substitute fourth grade words for lower elementary words. For example instead of walk they can use pad or amble.
- Monday: Art & Library
- Tuesday: P.E. Pride 6:30 6th grade room
- Wednesday: Music
- Thursday: Mass P.E.
- Friday: Library Spirit Day
Down the Road
Camp Tecumseh Parent Training Saturday November 14
- Tinting for Tecuseh fund raiser coming in November
- Camp Tecumseh December 3 & 4
- St. Rose follows Franklin Community School for cancellations and delays. When delays or cancellations occur, they will be announced on local stations (CBS, ABC and NBC) under ‘Franklin Community Schools’. St. Rose will, also, send out an email through Jupiter. On the morning of, you may call the school office at 738-3451 to verify any delays or cancellations.