Lord make me and instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow your love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Week of September 21 to September 25
This week we will begin our Chapter on God’s Goodness. It will be interesting to hear all of the good gifts God has given your children. We will also be creating “My Greatest Gifts” silhouettes.
Science-We are preparing for our first test. Review sheets were passed out today and we will be doing various activities to prepare for the test which will be this Thursday September 24.
Social Studies-We will be studying Indiana’s Geography. This will also lead us to map and globe skills, specifically latitude and longitude. See handout from back to school night for standards.
Math- Rocket Math will be coming to our room on a daily basis. I will let you know when we will be starting. We will be working on chapter 2. Our focus will be on comparing numbers using place value to decide which is greater (or smaller). We will also work with comparing monetary values and making change.
Reading– Gilly is really struggling in her new surrounding. This week we will identify explore how she deals with all the new emotions, and feelings she is up against. Students will share their points of view toward Gilly and we will draw conclusions as to how they could help Gilly cope. All writing and English will be done in our Gilly Journals this week. Our theme in vocabulary this week is appearance and texture.
- Monday: Art & Library
- Tuesday: P.E.
- Wednesday: Music
- Thursday: Mass P.E.
- Friday: Library
Down the Road
- Vectren Energy Safe Kids form due Wednesday September 23
- Doughnuts with Dad Thursday September 24
- Legomania Friday September 25
- P.R.I.D.E. Bonfire Saturday September 26
- Fourth grade prepares and presents the celebration of Mass Thursday October 1
- Parent teacher conferences Wednesday October 7 and Thursday October 8
- Honors Day Friday October 9
- Fall Break begins at dismissal on Friday October 9